Saturday, January 14, 2017

At the tavern

Your lovers gathered at the tavern tonight
I felt belonging and longing in their sight
Mayhap I felt the coldness of jealous claws
On meeting one enraptured in Your cause
Mayhap instead of love, the thorn in my heart,
In Your Psalm, moved me, to whirl my part.
I too got drunk and out staggered to claim
notice of passing people to praise Your Name
Did I want them to share the same bane I had felt
On Your mention when someone had lovingly dwelt
Or maybe in my ecstasy I tumbled could not see
When the color of beating passion ablaze be
Red I whirled, round and round too dizzy to know
Only You witness the fruits of my lyrical sow
and of the intention behind this gnawing doubt
I am a leaf in helpless rapture, blown about
I pray the wind takes me towards Your home
If not, Undone, I have but nowhere to roam.
It’s risky to eye the sun; the wind can take one either way
For stale blindness surely, for certain will
lead me astray!

No comments: