Saturday, November 26, 2016

Clay

A Sestina that I had written a few years back. Initially the idea was of a parent thinking of telling a child of his mortality.


Words use are "Play, Lies, Clay, Ties, Pray, Whys"

When I see you at play
I remember my lies
that causes me to clay
excuses for these ties
Repent, makes me pray
And query full of whys

You believe in my lies
I see it in your clay
Yet you ask me, "What ties"
"Why do you cry and pray"
The planted seeds of whys
Futility of your play

I am but also clay
Being borne down by the ties
Loving you makes me pray
That you may never know whys
But at length every play
Shows the truth shows the lies

Why I don't dwell on ties
Look at the darkness pray
You will not ask me "whys?"
"hows" of the game I play
If I shelter in lies
I know the weakness of clay

This day let my soul pray
I have to answer "whys?"
"Sweetheart forget your play
Now I can tell no lies
So I speak of the clay
and nature of ties

Been defeated by "whys?"
You will abandon play
There is truth in all lies
As death befalls the clay
See horror of the ties
You also start to pray

Why pray freedom for clay
When ties are lies at play

No comments: