Sunday, January 2, 2011

Translation of Iqbal's dialogue between Gabriel and Iblis

Gabriel:
O my long lost friend; how goes your world of smells and sights
Iblis:
Inflamed wails, painful reminders and passioned flights
Gabriel:
At all times your mention remains in heavenly skies
Is it not possible to patch work your moral guise
Iblis:
Alas Gabriel, aware you are not of this mystere
Headiness came when my chalice was a broken ware
No long is my existence here a possibility
How sterile is this world in its predictability
The notes of whose universe are ruled by the hope's bent
Which virtue does he deserve, "content or malcontent"
Gabriel:
Your denial has cast you out from the highest place
Infront of Him you have caused every angel's disgrace
Iblis:
My daring is why this fistful of clay does create
Beseiged by my temptations, all intellects break
on the shore, spectator to the wars of virtue
Who is embracing the sea's stormy slaps, me or you
Where Khizr is helpless, Ilyas in that state is tore
My storms roam land by land, sea by sea and shore by shore
If you ever meet Allah in a secretive state
Ask Him "whose blood has decorated Adam's fate"
I belong deep in His heart; a thorn I hurt Him too
You merely chant "Allah Hoo, Allah Hoo, Allah Hoo"

No comments: